A lot of people suffer from neck pain, and there are many different techniques that can be used to treat it. One of the most common techniques is massage. Massage can help to reduce muscle stiffness and improve circulation, which can all help to reduce the symptoms of neck pain.
If you're experiencing neck pain, there are a few massage techniques you can use to reduce your muscle stiffness and relieve your pain. You can also get more information about neck and shoulder therapy online via https://www.physio.family/relieve-neck-pain/.
Image Source: Google
Try these five techniques for neck pain relief:
1. Head-to-toe massage: Start by massaging your whole body from head to toe, including your neck. This will help loosen up tight muscles in your neck and reduce neck pain.
2. Neck and shoulder massage: Massage the top of your shoulder blade and the back of your neck to reduce stiffness and pain in these areas.
3. Focused pressure: Apply focused pressure to specific areas of the neck using your hands, thumbs, or elbows; this will help to decrease inflammation and relieve pain.
4. Tension release: Use circular or friction strokes on specific areas of the neck with either a thumb or finger, gradually increasing the intensity as you feel relief from tension in the area.
5. Hot compresses: Apply hot compresses (like those you use for a headache) to the temples, around the earlobes, and behind each ear to reduce inflammation and relieve pain.