Regular inspection and maintenance is the best way to ensure the reliability of your natural gas furnace. You can do most procedures fairly easily, but a contractor qualified and authorized gas must inspect and service your heating system at the intervals recommended in the owner's manual; usually every year.
This is what you can do:
Safety note: to review or change the filters or belts of the fan, be sure to turn off the power Turn on the Furnace and the switch in the first circuit panel.
1. Change or clean the filters at the least every three months and keep the door of the compartment of the sealed fan. The filters are located in or near the fan compartment of the furnace and are usually held in place by a simple clip.
2. If the furnace has a fan belt, check for cracks or signs of wear (and replace if necessary) at the same time, changes the furnace filters. You can also get the best furnace services in Durham region at https://tauntontrades.ca/services/furnaces/.
3. Vents homage and outdoor returns obstructions such as furniture, lint, dust or animal hair.
4. Check ventilation chimney and apparatus to the least once a year to ensure that the tube is connected securely, with no signs of corrosion or damage and that nothing has fallen into the base of the chimney or the flue.
5. Keep the area around the stove clear. Do not store items from the oven. Do not store flammable items in the boiler room.